Tuesday, October 03, 2006

cancelled

There’s a party going on in my right ovary but no party going on over here at Pregnancy Envy =(

CD11

9 follicles on the right. 2 follicles on the left. Of the 11, almost 7-8 of them are contenders (are of the proper maturity and size).

This means I respond well to Follistim which the doctor tells me I should be happy about. The bad news is that my estrogen level is too high which means that I am at a very high risk of ovary hyperstimulation (and that's a bad enough consequence, so they would cancel the cycle). Not to mention the risk of multiple pregnancies (3-4 eggs are okay to go ahead with the risk, but they think 7 is just crazy) if I did happen to get pregnant.

Result: we’re cancelling the cycle. Damn my overachieving ovaries! I am so bummed right now.

Here’s a couple of other things that suck.

  • I guess (please correct me if I’m wrong) that stopping the follistim and not administering the hcg shot means that everything just comes to a halt, i.e., no ovulation will occur and the follicles will just fade away. As such, doing “it” naturally would do nothing at all because I might not ovulate. The doctor says we should still try, but he doesn’t think I'll ovulate. Ovulation tests won’t work (again, please correct me if I’m wrong) because of all the hormones floating around in my blood.
  • As a result of all the follicles, there may be residual cysts on my ovaries which would mean that we would have to sit out the next cycle, too!
Oh, and my soup spilled all over my desk at lunch. I am having such a crappy day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Wow.. great response for such little drugs.. Could you have converted to an IVF?
I would think you could still ovulate though. For IVF the trigger also helps mature the eggs and times it for the retrieval.
I understand about high e2 levels and how that can cause some issues with hyperstiming and from what I have read, levels too high can actually impede pregnancy. Could they coast you? I am sorry, It's been so long since I have done an IUI, I can't remember much. I do think you are correct about the prediction test. They probably will not work with the meds in your system.

I would check and see if you could ovulate. Just be aware s-e-x can be very painful with full ovaries.

Hope this all works itself out and you can move along again!

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you were cancelled!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home