Saturday, November 04, 2006

dealing with insurance crap


I just got back from picking up my prescription for this cycle's follistim, but something got totally screwed up because the pharmacy said that my prescription wasn't covered. After my pharmacist and I spent 45 minutes on the phone with my prescription drug coverage company, I shelled out the $900 for that tiny vial with the hopes that I can get this sorted out on Monday with my benefits department and get reimbursed. Not a good way to spend a Saturday morning!
I'm really lucky that my insurance covers my prescription so I hope things haven't changed in my coverage. My heart goes out to anyone who has to pay for all this stuff out-of-pocket!
But, boy, did I give my IF monster a serious what-for on our ride home from the pharmacy!!! I did not hold back! He needed to feel bad for what he's putting my body, my mind, and my pocketbook through! Stupid IF monster. He felt a little bad, but don't feel sorry for him because even after all that lecturing, he's STILL a pain in the subcutaneous injection spot on my abdomen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kellie said...

First, I'm sorry you went through that at the pharmacy. Just another one of those wonderful things us infertiles have to go through - I once had a pharmacist ask me (in front of a bunch of people) why on earth I needed Provera AND Clomid. I couldn't even believe I had to explain myself to him... I didn't even argue when he said my insurance wouldn't cover them. lol I probably would have argued for $900 though!! Stupid infertility.
I hope the follistim works this cycle.

2nd - thanks so much for visiting my blog and wishing me well. I hope my results are as good as yours! I love how you listed your anxiety levels... mine are off the charts as well.

Take care.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm sorry about the pharmacy visit. $900? Sheesh! Thinking of you!

5:22 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love how your monster is wearing his seatbelt... cracks me up!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home