Monday, November 13, 2006

freak


I had my IUI over the weekend so now I'm in the hopeful phase of my cycle. I'm really happy that this cycle was not cancelled like it was last time.
At my IUI, the doctor told me that sperm count lower than 2 million wasn't very good. He said that they always hope for a sperm count over 10 million because that is high enough to work with.
2 million already sounded high enough to me. 10 million...well, that just sounds like you're being a show off.
My husband's count for my IUI? 40 million. Yes, you read that right. 40 million. 40,000,000. That's freaking ridiculous. Emphasis on "freak."
After my IUI, my husband asked me what the sperm count was and I just mumbled: "high enough." I was trying to avoid that big-head-syndrome. Our ceilings just aren't high enough.
(Okay, okay, I did tell him the count. And, yes, our ceilings are not high enough.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kellie said...

LOL - men and their sperm counts.

Hope the next 2 weeks pass quickly and you get your BFP. Hang in there.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Smarshy said...

Hey - last cycle mine was about 40 million too. Felt great. The time before that, it was about 500,000. Yes, that's right.

I love your pictures. The monster reminds me of the monster from bugs bunny, the one in the castle. Is that the inspiration?

11:29 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm hoping you are going to have an extra special Thanksgiving this year...

1:59 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

YAY for the great sperm count. We should be hearing something from you soon. I hope you get a BFP!
Best wishes and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger gaelen said...

Thanks, all! We're keeping our fingers crossed!

Smarshy - I wasn't really thinking of the Warner's Brothers monster (Gossamer), but I am a HUGE Warner Brother's fan-- maybe on a subconscious level, the WB monster was the inspiration =) Wish I thought to put sneakers on my IF Monster like Gossamer's though! =)

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home