Monday, December 04, 2006

the IF monster got me out of jury duty

A couple of weeks ago I was called for jury duty. The judge said that the trial would likely last 3 weeks and would be submitted to the jury around the 15th of December. Then he asked if anyone had any hardships. Since jury duty happened before this, I just assumed that I would again be dealing with this during the scheduled trial.

"Your Honor, would you consider it a hardship if I have to get my blood drawn everyday and an ultrasound on some of those days between 8:00 and 9:00 a.m. for about a week in a town about 20 miles away so that my doctors can monitor my hormone levels and monitor the effects the hormones are having on my organs and then have the doctors call me in the afternoon to let me know the dosage of my medication for that evening?"

"Yes, Ms. Pregnancy Envy, I would consider that a hardship. You are excused from jury duty. Thank you for your time. And that blue thing you have harnessed is shedding in my court room."

(And I didn't even have to mention going in for the IUI!)

I'm not saying that this is a good reason to have an IF Monster, but if you do have an IF monster, at least you know you can use your treatments to get out of jury duty.

True story.

Except for the part where the judge said the IF Monster was shedding. Every since we switched to that new conditioner, he barely sheds at all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

i sooo hope that in 9 months we are getting to see cartoons of you, a baby and the like. maybe your if monster can become the housekeeper since he will be laid off of his primary job!

3:44 AM  
Blogger Gil said...

I love, love, LOVE your drawings! The IF monster is such a beast, isn't he? Hey, if you have to deal with the IF monster though, it's about time he did something good for you like get you out of jury duty. Glad to hear that new conditioner is working so well! And I second Susan's thought on having the IF monster become the housekeeper. Better yet, make him change baby diapers. He'll LOVE that! *hugs*

4:27 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I had another thought (slow day at work...). The IF Monster could be your diaper genie. He has to eat all the dirty ones...that'll show him!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Cibele said...

OMG, I love love love your cartoons. I just came upon your blog today and I truly enjoyed reading it specially after knowing that you locked down the IF monster. Congratulations and I wish all the best in the next 9 months.
PS: Susan great idea, the IF monster truly deserves to eat poppy diapers. LOL
Nice meeting you!

6:34 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Contrats. Breastfeeding will get you out of jury duty too, just so you know for future references.

It's going to be fine! Those betas are terrific.

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home