Tuesday, August 15, 2006

i'm still here

Hi there! Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I'm not even sure why I haven't been...these past couple weeks have just flown by, and yet there is nothing new and exciting to report. My only fertility news is that I am close to the end of this cycle and I will have surgery to remove the polyp early next cycle.

I was watching The Baby Story yesterday on TLC and they featured a young couple who were having their 3rd child. They were saying how she was in her last year in college when she got pregnant the first time and how, when they found out, they were so upset. Yes, you know where my next rant is going now, don't you?

But actually, I'm not even going to bother ranting because you either feel the same sadness, frustration, and anger I do when hearing stories like that, or you are blessed with not having to understand that sadness, frustration, and anger and my ranting will never really hit home. And it's not like it's their fault, this young-fertile-got-pregnant-by-accident couple, just like how it's not our fault that we can't conceive. But still...it just seems so...so...unjust, doesn't it?

In other news: my girlfriend just told me that she just found out that her boyfriend has proposed to somebody else and that he and that somebody else conceived and had a baby in the time that he was dating my friend (they were dating for almost 2 years). And here my friend, who will be 39 this year and was hoping he was the one and would be starting a family with him soon, had no clue that he was a dog. Can you believe that shit? If that doesn't make your day suck, I don't know what will.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

You're back! Yeah! I'm glad to see you've posted again.

TLC is banned in our house. There is no place in the mainstream media or anywhere else for that matter that makes sense to IFers. It is degrees of sucking. Even well meaning friends that want so badly for things to work for us, manage to say really dopey things. That is why I have come not to discuss this with anyone but my blog buddies and my hub.

And your friend, ooooh my. I feel awful for her. This guys sounds like the world's biggest creep. I hope she is able to move on quickly.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Glad to see you're back! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. Can't wait to hear from you again!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home