Friday, January 05, 2007

things we learned at our ultrasound...

  1. The most important thing we learned was that we have a little bean with a wonderful beating heart, developing right on track, and measuring to the exact day. Whew.
  2. The size of the yolk sac can actually indicate a higher chance of miscarriage. I didn't know that! The doctor said that a yolk sac that is on the big side could indicate a poor prognosis. Happily, the size of our yolk sac is fine. Another whew.
  3. I don't feel any nausea. And, apparently, that's okay. Whew whew whew.
  4. Taking tylenol is okay, but not ibuprofen. And sudafed is not allowed either.
  5. I thought hormones were the reason for my headaches during week 7 and 8, but the doctor said it could also be due to my blood volume being increased by 50%!
  6. I need to take it easy because my right ovary is still enlarged. Sometimes, when walking, I'll suddenly feel a twinge or feel like I've pulled a muscle in my abdomen. I was worried about it (of course), but the doctor said to just take it easy.
  7. I thought I was showing already, but the doctor pointed out where my uterus actually is (right now it's still below my belly button). Well, I have been "showing" all over my abdomen -- not just the area under my belly button. I assumed I was "showing" the effects of egg + sperm. But it turns out I'm actually showing the effects of eggs + flour + butter. Sigh.

In "that's just gross, Gaelen, we need to start setting boundaries" news, another one of Smarshy's monsters showed up.

Guess which one.

Sorry.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I saw THAT one coming. I love that Worry Monster is holding not only his nose, but also his head, as if to show utter disbelief. And shock.

I'm so glad everything looks fine, even if right now it doesn't smell fine. Glad your blog isn't scratch-n-sniff!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Cibele said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is ok. I have to tell you, that is your best cartoon ever! SO FUNNY!!!
all the best

11:14 PM  
Blogger Smarshy said...

Why does my first post come across as anonymous? What's up wid dat?

And why so long between posts? Me needs a fix

1:32 PM  
Blogger decemberbaby said...

I love reading your blog. Your IF monster is almost cute - but I still wanna punch the daylights outta him.

Please post more soon, I need another cartoon fix!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Lordy! Smarshy sent me over here and I'm loving it. I'll definately be back again!

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home