Friday, April 06, 2007

Time to break some ankles...



For crying out loud, work has been absolutely unbearable! My coworkers and I can't even figure out why...it seems like we had the same work load last year around this time, but this year it seems like we're just being pummeled mercilessly by the amount of work piling up on our desks. We've worked 10 hours days and had to bring work home and it still feels like we're barely making a dent. We're trying to hire on, but even that has proven to be more work than we thought it would be.
So the above picture is of me trying to hold onto the weekend. Work is a lot stronger and the weekends seem so hard to hold onto. I swear, I think the weekend puts baby oil on its ankles to make it harder to get a good grip.
...which reminds me of some other battles...
Like our battles with the IF Monster:




Oh yeah, and can't forget this one:




I think I'm going to have to break Weekend's, Healthy-And-Worry-Free-Pregnancy's, and BFP's ankles so that they're much less mobile.
Oh and hey has anyone noticed that I lightened my hair? I went for highlights this time. It's okay. Nothing spectacular. I kind of wish I never bothered.
Man, this has got to be the lamest post ever written in the entire history of blogs. Sorry.

13 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

yeah! you're back. i thought you left us for good.... :(

sorry your work is sucking so thoroughly. but glad you found a minute to post.

and btw, when is your due date???? how are you feeling? what's going on with the bean?

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog before you took your "break" and I'm so glad you're back!

My husband and I were TTC for 3 years before we had our daughter last fall. Reading others experiences inspired me to start one of my own, although I'm not yet ready to share much about my infertility experience.

Thanks for sharing and for coming back... keep us updated on the pregnancy! :)

1:24 PM  
Blogger decemberbaby said...

You get forgiven for the lame post because I'm so glad to see you've posted again!

I agree, some ankle-breaking is in order. Should I bring my sledgehammer?

4:07 PM  
Blogger Cibele said...

Hi
glad to have you back and know that everything is ok. How far along are you now?
Take care and come back more often!
Hapy Easter

2:17 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

What lame post? That was funny! Well, not the work sucking part - I'm sorry about that. On the upside, if you're busy, $$ is coming in, right? I only mention this because we're having a horrible lull at work and it's making us all nervous...

Hope you are well, and hope the been is thriving. Please update! :)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Smarshy said...

Wow, I had just about closed the book on you. So glad to see you back!

Can't truly appreciate the great posts without experiencing the lame ones too.

Sorry work is kicking your butt.

4:18 AM  
Blogger Southern Comfortable said...

I don't know-- I think it's pretty funny.

Hope work gets better soon.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Glad your back. I only started reading recently and I was hoping that you hadn't gone for good.

12:50 AM  
Blogger decemberbaby said...

Hey, I miss you again. And it's been almost a month since your last post... I think I'm in withdrawal! Please post soon.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry too! You have been gone a while!

Catch up soon :)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

You're too funny! Please check back in soon.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

miss, if you have this baby and don't tell us you are in BIG trouble!!!! when are you due?? we need some good news around here so give us an update...

2:40 PM  
Blogger decemberbaby said...

At risk of seeming scary and stalkerish, it's time for you to post again... really!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home